tackling energy sector challenges with sand castings.
We're using our materials knowledge, innovative approach to prototyping and expertise in sand casting to create the complex, precise castings needed to meet the engineering challenges faced by the energy sector against a global background of achieving a carbon neutral future.
Aluminium castings allow us to create the lightweight and durable metal shapes required to both help reduce emissions and meet the exacting energy sector performance demands.
Supporting the energy industry with lightweight, complex sand castings.
- We use the flexibility of sand casting to create complex geometries in a single shape and in a range of alloys for a variety of energy sector applications.
- Our prototype sand castings capability allows us to be innovative, flexible and fast.
- Our technological investment in 3D sand printing allows us to create castings quickly, delivering sand castings to often changeable energy industry timescales.
- We develop unique alloy chemistries for lightweighting and recyclability, as well as optimise for other material properties required in energy sector applications.
- Magma simulation software allows us to prototype properties prior to production, reducing unnecessary weight and production time.
- Our sand casting expertise and process is flexible, allowing for design changes to meet energy sector performance requirements and cost.
- Our inspection capabilities include CT scanning and GOM to ensure we meet tight specifications and tolerancing requirements.
Innovation meets quality
Grainger and Worrall are passionate about innovation and quality. It impacts everything we do. Whether it's experimenting with material properties for an EV battery tray or validating an EDU housing we want to make sure each part is fit-for-purpose and meets the quality specifications our customers expect. But don't just take our word for it, check out our accreditations below.
So, what are you waiting for...
Want to get a clearer understanding of the sand casting process?
Download our FREE ebook on "The basics of the sand casting process" and get an overview of how battery trays, EDU housings, and other complex shapes can be cast in Aluminium or Ferrous alloys.