Policies & Procedures
Working towards a better future
At Grainger & Worrall, we often get asked what environmental aluminium casting is, and what steps we have taken to minimise our company's impact on the environment.
Here is a summary of a few facts that might surprise you:
- 99.6% of GW's waste generated is recycled with a plan to be zero waste to landfill by 2025
- All of GW's products and its packaging are fully recyclable
- We produce internal metal waste of 1-2% but actual waste to landfill is none as all metal waste is recycled externally
- 10% reduction in energy used per £ of sales vs 2015
- All wood used on site is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) approved
- We reclaim 95% of the sand we use, saving us on average 55,000 tonnes of waste per year
- We are currently developing a carbon neutral strategy with a plan to be carbon neutral by 2030 (this decade)
- GW operates under a PPC (Pollution, Prevention, Control) permit with a low risk score
- GW has been IS014001 accredited for 15 years
You can view our full Environmental Policy here.
A quality Approach
ACCURATE SOLUTIONS DELIVERED ON TIME AND ON BUDGET
Grainger & Worrall specialise in the delivery of innovative solutions, true care in everything we do is embraced throughout the company. This approach has proven to deliver accurate solutions within budget, on time and with the minimum loss to our environment.
In house quality management ensures the effective design of processes which verify customer needs helping to ensure we are known globally as the leading supplier of prototyping services in structural Powertrain Components and an exceptional supplier of Castings and Machining for Specialist and Low Volume Cast components.
HOW WE OPERATE OUR QUALITY APPROACH
Grainger & Worrall Limited is a privately owned limited company and Manufacturer & Supplier of:
• Tooling and Engineering Services for the Foundry Industry
• Ferrous & Non-ferrous Cast Metals & Machined Components
All products & services will be manufactured & delivered in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System, which will define the functional responsibilities and quality criteria associated with control of customer specifications and standards, procurement, manufacture, inspection and testing.
We have developed a culture of open communication and teamwork to facilitate a philosophy of continuous improvement in quality, efficiency and productivity.
This page contains our polices and reports that we have prepared in accordance with current government legislation.
Annual Modern Slavery Statement
Please click here to see our annual statement setting out the steps we take to prevent modern slavery in our business and our supply chains. This is a requirement under Section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Gender Pay Gap Report
From 2017, any organisation that has 250 or more employees must publish and report specific figures about their gender pay gap.
Our latest Gender Pay Gap Report can be viewed here.
Conflict Minerals Policy
We ensure that all of our products comply with the "conflict minerals" provision, commonly known as Section 1502 of the Dodd Frank Act.
Please click here to access our Conflict Minerals Policy.